Thursday, March 05, 2009

C is for Caffeine


Well, after nearly 8 months, it finally happened. My daughter is sick for the very first time! Poor Little Miss. She's all gunky in her nose, and has this little barky-cough that sounds like a hoarse sea otter. No fever, thank goodness, but I keep checking frequently. The doctor called her in a prescription antihistimine, so we're doing that with Tylenol and waiting it out! It's so sweet - she's trying SO hard to stay in a good mood despite the fact that her eyes are red and watery and she sneezes every five minutes. She's home with Daddy today, so I know they'll have good snuggle time.

Meanwhile, I'm at work trying not to fall asleep on my keyboard!!! I need caffeine, stat. Since Little Miss is feeling bad, me and her both slept in 45 minute intervals, off and on all night, (Hubby was at work) then we were up for over an hour around 2 a.m. trying to go back to sleep after her last dose of medicine. Then it was up and down all night again after that.
She's such a trooper though. (and of course this first-time-mommy just HAD to buy her a new toy at Walgreens when I picked up her prescription. hehe)
So for anyone who gets the luxury of a nap today, take a little one for me! And, hey, pass the Diet Coke.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

Who on earth do you know who has the luxury of napping?

HAHA, I crack myself up.

At least you're young and have tons of energy. You can do it! You'd better start your Diet Coke IV pronto.

Erica Vetsch said...

Awww, I'm sorry the Little Miss isn't feeling her usual sunny self. Those nights can be awfully long and hard on everybody. But just like God's mercies are new every morning, I always found a renewed energy when the sun came up.

That and a couple diet cokes sure make a big difference. ;)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Sorry to hear this. I well remember those days. Not fun, but in the end there's a certain satifaction in knowing that you gave the best care to your little one that you could.

Praying for a quick healing and a surge of energy for you!!!