Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm a two-boxer!


It's official! I'm a two-boxer. That's what we nicknamed me now that I turned 25 and we discovered it takes TWO packs of candles to light my birthday cake. Apparently candles here only come 24 in a box, so....I'm now officially a two-boxer.

Not sure how I feel about that =P

We got up early yesterday and drove almost two hours to a zoo in Texas - just me, Hubby, and Little Miss. We had a perfect day - toted her around or pushed the stroller, showed her all the animals, ate lunch by the giraffes and elephants, shopped in the gift shop, went in the petting zoo. It was the best birthday I could ask for.

(You know you're a mommy when your birthday focus turns toward your child....and you LOVE it!!) =)

Here are some pics from our trip!




Doesn't this look like a postcard???








Maybe a little scarey!! lol




Loved the penguins!!




Not sure if you all remember my blog a few years back about this bird walk-about. (read it again HERE) I stayed out this time but Audrey bravely went in with Daddy.



Feeding the ducks!

Not sure what to think of the petting zoo!!






We stopped by the gift shop on the way out and Audrey picked out a toy - a stuffed giraffe. We named it Gi-Gi. SHE LOVED IT!! Wouldn't let go long enough to pay. So she sat on the counter by the register while the clerk rang it up and cut the tag off for her. haha.


We got home mid-afternoon and all took naps before going to a b-day dinner at a favorite restaurant with my parents, grandparents and sister. (Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro!) Then my parents took Audrey home with them so I could hang out with Hubby for awhile. He's playing softball on a league with the fire dept. and he wanted me to come watch his game, but it didn't start 'til 9. Way too late for a Little Miss to be out! So she went home all snuggly with my parents and I sat outside on the bleachers at the park and cheered Hubby on in the cold! But it was great! We also spent 45 minutes in Books-A-Million.



My parents!


My Pappaw ordered this banana split for his dinner. Isn't it gigantic?? 3 people ate out of it and still didn't finish!!! lol

What a day! Family, food, animals, books. Doesn't get much better!! Happy birthday to me!

6 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Loved the pics. Felt like I was walking the zoo, too.

Wowza, that is one HUGE banana split. Did you mean dessert, or really dinner?

Georgiana Daniels said...

It sure doesn't get much better!

LOL, a two-boxer!!! Now that's a phrase worth keeping. Welcome to the world of the two-boxers--now we're on the same page =P

Erica Vetsch said...

The zoo, a date, AND a trip to the bookstore...sounds like a perfect birthday to me too.

My girl (now almost 17) loves giraffes too. :)

Welcome to the world of two boxers...I just realized how close I'm getting to being a THREE boxer...gulp.

Betsy St. Amant said...

Eileen, yes DINNER. lol That's all he ate. lol He LOVES his ice cream!! =)

Jenness said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. Yay! :-)
Who says zoos are for kids? :-) Jason and I go to one pretty much every vacation we take. If the zoo has meerkats and a petting zoo with goats, it's a winner. lol.

Audra E. said...

Betsy, thanks so much for sharing! Looks like you had a great day! I LOVE all the pictures of you and Audrey... she's so cute! :)