Monday, August 03, 2009

Love is in the air...


This week, my husband and I will celebrate our five year wedding anniversary! Pretty exciting, considering how I'm just now 25 and he's 24! We started young! =)
What a milestone. In 5 years times, we've learned and grown so much. We've owned two homes, the current home with 3 acres of land, had a daughter who is now almost 13 months old, have gone through and survived job changes, career changes, broken ankles, pregnancy, changing churches, making friends, losing friends. We've gone on several beach vacations and a cruise to Mexico. My writing career has developed and taken off while we've been married, and I must say I have the most supportive, excited husband in that regard. He's determined to retire early and drive my tour bus. haha!

So happy early anniversary, Hubby!
Here's a pic right after he proposed in New Orleans, aboard the Steamboat Natchez! Look how young we are =)



Here's an official engagement photo




And a pic from our honeymoon in Gulf Shores




Here's me trying on my wedding dress at our one year anniversary - still fits! =)

It did every year after except the year right before I was pregnant - it zipped, but barely! Then the next year I just had Little Miss weeks before, so I knew better than to even look at the dress! We'll see how this year goes =)

PS - He's planning some sort of anniversary surprise, and refuses to give me the details. I do know an overnight bag is required, so if I go MIA toward the end of the week, well, you'll know why! =)

6 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations, Betsy!

I married at 20 too. We're fast approaching our 20th anniversary.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congratulations Becky! Your dress is beautiful. My hubby and I celebrate our 19th anniversary tomorrow. I won't even attempt to list all that we've accomplished in that time.

Katie Ganshert said...

Congrats on the 5 years! That's awesome. Hubby and I celebrated our 5 year in June. What gorgeous pictures. I love your wedding dress! There's no way mine would fit anymore. You two have really LIVED a lot in these five years, haven't you?

TheFancyFritter said...

Congrats girl! How exciting! Ya'll are too cute! Your dress was beautiful! I love the sleeves!

Have fun & I can't wait to see how he surprises you! :)

Georgiana Daniels said...

Aww, how sweet! Can't wait to hear what he has planned :)

Carmen said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Enjoy the secret surprise!