Tuesday, August 04, 2009

WIPs

Okay, fellow writer buds. Spill it. What are you working on right now? What's your current Work In Progress? Let's encourage each other in the journey!

I'm concocting a new three book series proposal set on the beach that I will be submitting to my editor within the next several weeks, hopefully. I've never pitched a series before. Any advice from those who go before me? =)

Are you working on a suspense, historical, romance? Are you plotting or writing or researching or banging your head against your desk in despair? Are the words flowing, or are you stalling and searching for more Diet Coke and chocolate?

4 comments:

Jenny Schick said...

I'm holding steady writing Christian articles for my Examiner.com page! What a joy it is to write for the Lord.

My other WIP is a Christian nonfiction book on suicide. I'm in the interview stage-- collecting stories from others and trying to figure out the best way to get my message across. Pray for me!

Lori said...

Beach series, hmmm... Would you like a research partner??

My WIP: contemporary, flowing (for now), but my nasty perfectionism keeps me reaching for comfort snacks and prayer. Accompanied by alternating bouts of joy and despair. Ahh, the insecurity of a writer. It's like being in junior high again.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Diet Coke and chocolate are the perfect counterbalance. Let's see...wip....wip...well, I guess I'm not in an particular stage right now. I really should write something!

Erica Vetsch said...

I'm working on a couple of series proposals...historical, of course :)

The words are coming pretty well, though I had a massive attack of writer's doubt last night.