Friday, January 22, 2010

And it begins...

Please pray for my family again this weekend. Two weeks ago we went down south to pack up my mother in law's belongings to get ready to sell, as you might remember reading about. Well, today my husband is taking a UHaul back to her house to start lugging everything up here for the sale, which is tomorrow morning at 7:30. Then this evening I'm heading up to the church (where the sale will take place) and helping unpack and clean and arrange everything on the tables.

If you're local, please email me at betsystamant@yahoo.com for directions if you are interested in stopping by the church. There are some really nice things for sale and we obviously need all the money we can get for her care. There will be scrapbook supplies, jewelry, Temper-pedic mattress, kitchen decor, artwork, bar stools, appliances, outdoor freezers, dishes, garden tools, books, clothes, accessories, Christmas supplies, misc. bottles and jars and decoratives and candles. We even need to sell her party barge boat and her horses and trailer and lawnmower, if you're interested. It's quite the list!

Thank you for the support and prayers! We are more than ready for this stage to be over. It's exhausting emotionally and physically. What makes it more complicated is tomorrow I'm going to be at the sale in the morning, then heading across town to a speaking event that's been scheduled for six months for my local writer's group. I'm excited about teaching on Traditional Publishing vs. E-book/Small Press Publishing, but it's going to make for a long busy day. Prayers for that are appreciated as well.

Thankfully, so far my MIL is doing great at her new nursing home here in town. Its so sad we have to liquidate her assets and foreclose on her house, but I trust God has a plan in this and it will all work for the best for her, and ultimately for His glory.

Someone please remind me that I said that later when things get emotional! =)

3 comments:

Krista Phillips said...

Praying a ton!! Sounds like a potentially stressful day, but I'll be praying that God is FAITHFUL to you and you feel his peace and see his hand the entire time!

Georgiana Daniels said...

Praying for you guys today!

Unknown said...

Praying for yall, girl. let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Hannah