Monday, January 25, 2010

S is for Saints


I have to say, the game last night was a welcome respite from the drama and emotion of our crazy busy weekend. I'm really glad the Saints won, of course, but I'm also just as glad we got to have a fun night in with neighbors and chicken casserole and cookies and just recover from our big sale! We needed something fun and mind-numbing for awhile, and well, the game wasn't exactly relaxing, but it was super fun =)
One of the best parts was text-messaging my good friend/Vikings fan back and forth during the game. Each of us took turns talking smack and dogging each other's teams until the end. What an amazing game - I have to say, its rare for a football game to hold my attention for the duration. Even Little Miss stayed up to watch the end, and cheered with us. It was really cute, when we got excited, she'd start grinning and clapping and yelling thinking we were exclaiming over her....which of course, we immediately did. =)
In other news - thanks for the prayers and support Saturday! The sale went well, and while there was still a lot left over, a lady in our church has started a consignment shop and she was able to come pick everything up and try to sell it there in her store for a few months - so we can potentially make more money for my MIL later in the year. But donations were generous, and we were so blessed to see how family, friends, church members, and strangers were sympathetic to our cause. It was a physically and emotionally tiring weekend, especially for my husband who had no respite from it, but we survived. God is good. And, my speaking event at my local ACFW chapter meeting also went well! I spoke on Traditional Publishing Vs. Ebook/Small Press publishing and it seemed to be a success.
I'm looking forward to a somewhat easy week, but you know how that goes. lol We'll see what is in store. Hope everyone is having a lovely, BLACK AND GOLD Monday. =)

2 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

It is SO not a black and gold Monday. I don't know why. It's just not. Not. NOT. And that's all I'll say about that =P Especially since my thumbs are still on fire, LOL!

Glad to hear you had a good time, and that on Saturday the sale and speaking went well. You sure have a lot going on. Even so, God is good!

Becky said...

Thanks for the update; can't wait to see all the good God makes from this. Your positive outlook is an inspiration to more people than you know.
Keeping ya'll in prayer!