Friday, February 05, 2010

Love is in the air...



So this weekend, Hubby and I are off to a local marriage conference hosted by a big church in town, that is actually being taught by the creators of FIREPROOF. Pretty cool, huh? I'm excited. I haven't done the Love Dare challenge but I have seen the movie and read about all the various books and products out there, and think this is a really good thing. Hey, it will be nice just to get out of the house for awhile and away from our current issues and focus soley on each other for a few hours!!

My dad pointed out to me not long ago that he's proud of us, because we're dealing so well with some of the hardest issues a marriage could ever face. Not only are we dealing with them all at once, but also early on in our marriage. We celebrated five years last August, and literally in the past 6 months have experienced severe, tragic illness in the family (hubby's mom), career changes (my quitting work and later, hubby's lay-off), extreme financial burdens (again, the lay off and his mother's expenses), and putting a loved one in a nursing home. (his mother)

I'm glad that, despite arguments and sometimes taking our anger out on each other, we've stuck together through these trials instead of turning on one another. I know it seems during these times in life, it could go either extreme, and we are so blessed that God has kept us cemented. It's all him! We are far from perfect. I'm glad for this conference to further "fireproof" us for whatever else comes our way.

And just in time for Valentine's Day! =)

What are you thankful for today regarding your spouse or significant other? Let's show some love!! =)

PS - check out where I visited Erica's blog today at ON THE WRITE PATH and discover my top five most romantic date ideas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that, Sister. Hope that yall have a wonderful, relaxing, refreshing weekend. You deserve it.

Haelie said...

You are an inspiration! Enjoy your weekend!

We will celebrate our 6th anniversary in May. And, like you two, we have had unbelievable stressors pretty much the entire time. We have grown and learned from them all, but there is definitely more growing and learning to come!