Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The great debate...

And I don't mean over creation vs. evolution.

Or plastic vs. paper.

Nope! I mean...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Twitter vs. Facebook.

Haha! But seriously! There is such debate over which online networking community is the most effective or the most fun or the most convenient or the fastest or the most read or most popular, etc. etc. etc.

Probably even a lot more "etc.'s" than that!

I have a Twitter account, but I think I posted last a few months ago. And the time before that was a few months ago too. I lost interest, because several times when I tried to sign in, the network was full. Overloaded. Wouldn't let me in! That's just crazy! So I gave up. I'm debating getting back involved, but really, who has the time, and how important can it be? I have friends on FB, and blog followers, and a professional website that stays maintained - isn't that enough?

I honestly don't know. Some marketing gurus might tell me otherwise, but as an author (who strives to be logical though sometimes fails...) I think eventually, you just have to write. Quit acting like an author and just BE one. Write. Write. Write.

And not necessarily status updates ;)

What is your stand on the topic?

1 comment:

Preslaysa said...

Great advice, Betsy! I have gone on a Facebook fast myself.